At Dirty Freehub, we believe that the joy, freedom, and adventure of cycling should be accessible and welcoming to all, regardless of age, race, gender, sexual orientation, ability, or socio-economic background. We are dedicated to creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment for everyone who shares our passion for the great outdoors and the thrill of exploring the world on two wheels.
We recognize that a rich tapestry of experiences, perspectives, and ideas enhances the vibrancy and success of our organization, and we strive to ensure that our leadership, membership, and activities reflect this diversity. Our commitment to equity and inclusion extends to all aspects of our work, from event planning to route selection to community outreach.
To support our mission of promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion, we pledge to:
- Actively engage with and listen to the voices of underrepresented and marginalized communities within the cycling world and work to break down barriers to entry and participation.
- Continuously educate ourselves and our members on diversity, equity, and inclusion, and implement best practices to create a safe, supportive, and respectful space for everyone.
- Encourage and support the development and growth of diverse leadership within our organization, and collaborate with other cycling groups and community organizations that share our commitment to inclusivity.
- Regularly review and evaluate our policies, practices, and initiatives to ensure they effectively promote diversity, equity, and inclusion, and make adjustments as needed.
- Foster a culture of allyship, empathy, and understanding, empowering all members to actively promote and uphold our shared values.
At Dirty Freehub, we recognize that diversity, equity, and inclusion are not just ideals but essential ingredients for a thriving and sustainable cycling community. We are committed to doing our part to create a world where everyone can enjoy the beauty and adventure of cycling, and we invite you to join us on this journey.